New resources for Kids Church! Deep Blue Kids Church provides you with all-inclusive quarterly Leader Guides that will help you host your own weekly kids' church. Each lesson is divided into four sections that are designed to last up to 15 minutes, and may be customized to fit your needs. The four sections are: Invite Them In, Into the Bible, Into Worship, and Extended Time. Each month, the lessons focus on new character…Add to cart
This resource will give you some guidance in making your worship time with children a valuable and spiritually forming time, no matter how your community prayerfully chooses to include children in the sanctuary.
Each of the thirteen sessions is intended to somewhat mirror a typical liturgical sequence. The children will gather, hear a “proclamation,” and respond to the story they have heard. Each month, the sessions include a new character focus, such as wisdom. Every session includes a worship practice, a reproducible, and a Bible story that corresponds to a session on the optional Adventure DVD.
A Kids Church session is broken down into four segments that are intended to last up to 15 minutes.
This format allows for flexibility for churches who have longer or shorter worship times.
Invite Them Into…
- An introduction to the Character Focus for the unit.
- A Worship Practice that includes an activity that helps the children understand—and learn how to participate in—part of a worship service.
- An optional DVD Bible story.
- AN interactive retelling of the Bible story.
- “What Do You Think?” questions that guide the children in thinking about the story.
- “Me, Too!” questions that help the children relate the story to what they know and experience.
- “God’s Children Worship Everywhere!” — Each week, the children will be invited to learn about God’s children all over the world.
- “My Mission” gives children an opportunity each week to respond to the Bible story and discussion by participating in an activity that serves others and helps them remember the story throughout the week.
- Songs and prayers.
- A guided free play activity and a reproducible page created for use as needed during the session. These activities are perfect for drop-off and pick-up times.