Deep Blue Rotation Stations Curriculum
Immerse your children in the Bible with a rotational curriculum from Cokesbury! Ideal for churches using a rotation format where children alternate between learning stations each week. Engage children in Bible stories and characters by using your volunteers' skills as artists, cooks, technicians, or fun-loving teachers!
In a rotational learning setting, the same Bible story or theme is taught for several weeks. Each week, learners rotate to a different station. The story remains the same, but children encounter it in different ways in each station. Repetition is an important part of Deep Blue!
The 7 Deep Blue Rotation stations are:
- Spiritual Practices
Below is a list of all available Units. Release dates are provided for upcoming releases. Click title to purchase or for more information.
- Jesus Is Baptized
- Jesus Calls Helpers
- Abraham & Sarah
- Blessings & Birthrights
- Jesus Lives!
- The Road to Emmaus
- The Rainbow Promise
- Fruit of the Spirit
- Joseph's Journey
- Ten Commandments
- Celebrate the Birth of Jesus
- Talk with the Teachers
- The Good Samaritan
- Holy Week
- Come to Breakfast!
- Peter and John
- Courageous Queen
- Jonah and the Fish
- God Chooses Joshua
- God Calls Samuel
- David and Goliath
- The Wise King
- A Baby is Born
- Jesus and the Children (ISBN: 9781501850349- Available November, 2017)
- The Four Friends (ISBN: 9781501850424- Available December, 2017)
- People Welcome Jesus (Available January, 2018)
- The Tomb is Empty (Available February, 2018)
- Paul Changes (Available March, 2018)
- The Lord's Prayer (Available April, 2018)
- The Two Houses (Available May, 2018)
- The Woman at the Well (Available June, 2018)
All stations are divided into 3 age categories:
- All Children
- Younger Elementary
- Older Elementary
Benefits & Features:
- For all children grades K-5
- Works well with the Deep Blue Adventure DVD and Music CD
- Each unit has 7 stations, so one unit can last up to 7 weeks
- “Blessings & Birthrights” is FREE so you can try it out!
- Each station lasts approximately 1 hour
- Made for Sunday school, but also great for Wednesday nights and summer
- Allows kids to learn one story in depth
- Encourages kids to learn in their preferred learning style
- Easy on volunteers
- All new activities; no repeats from Deep Blue curriculum
- Only $99 per complete unit (for all 7 stations) or $19.99 per individual station
- Do you have separate Leader Guides? Each station has its own lesson guide. Each unit has 7 total lesson guides to be divided between each station.
- Do you utilize shepherds in your design? Nothing specifically talks about shepherds, but we are currently writing a Year Two Deep blue Director's Manual (a free download) that will talk about utilizing shepherds in the classroom.
- Is there more information for each lesson online such as Bible Background? There isn't a Bible Background document online, but each station session guide has Bible Background.
- Do you have teacher training materials? The Year Two Deep Blue Director's Manual will have teacher training materials. The Year One Deep Blue Directors Manual also has training materials and can be found here.
- SCOPE & SEQUENCE
- Rotation Unit Titles and Release dates
- Unit 3: Blessings and Birthrights - Art Station
- Unit 3: Blessings and Birthrights - Cooking Station
- Unit 3: Blessings and Birthrights - Game Station
- Unit 3: Blessings and Birthrights - Missions Station
- Unit 3: Blessings and Birthrights - Science Station
- Unit 3: Blessings and Birthrights - Spiritual Practices Station
- Unit 3: Blessings and Birthrights - Storytelling Station